An UNbelievably Grotesque and DEVIANT Case of
Summit County, Ohio, SHERIFF’S DEPUTIES
Sexually Abusing, Hogtying, TASERing, and Pepper Spraying
a Mentally Ill Man While In Custody!
The Sheriff’s Deputies who PHYSICALLY PARTICIPATED in one or more of these grotesquely deviant and inhumane actions are not the only persons responsible for Mark McCullaugh’s death.
Every individual who witnessed the commission of acts as heinous as these, and failed to intervene while they were being committed, is also responsible for Mark McCullaugh’s death.
So. WHO is responsible for Mark McCullaugh’s death?:
- Stephen Krendick, “Deputy”
- Brett Hadley, “Deputy”
- Brian Pollinger, “Deputy”
- Mark Mayer, “Deputy”
- Dominic Martucci, “Deputy”
- Adam Crolley, “Deputy”
- Denise Walsh, “Nurse”
- ALL “other Jail Nurses” who were present
- ANY OTHER persons who were present
I can’t remember the last time I was this appalled by the actions of individuals
who had presumably taken an OATH to PROTECT THE PUBLIC FROM HARM
(or, in the case of the medical personnel present, had taken an OATH to DO NO HARM)!
In fact, this might be the absolute worst case of in-custody ABUSE I’ve ever heard of.
- 28 y/o Mark McCullaugh of Akron, Ohio, died on August 20, 2006, “after a struggle”
with sheriff's deputies while inside a cell of the jail’s “mental health unit.”
- McCullaugh, was naked and “shackled in a hogtied position;” his “leg shackles
were attached, in turn, to a bull ring in the cell floor;” and then he was injected with
two separate drugs: “Geodon” (an antipsychotic) and “Ativan” (a sedative similar
- According to his autopsy, during this “struggle” with sheriff’s deputies, McCullaugh “suffered
multiple ANAL INJURIES” inflicted by an OBJECT that was “rigid and unforgiving.”
(Only the deputies, and perhaps one or more “nurses,” were present during the
infliction of these ANAL injuries. McCullaugh did not have a “cell mate,” or the like!)
- At some point during this “struggle” with sheriff’s deputies, McCullaugh was TASERed
at least FIVE times.
At autopsy, “10 distinct marks on McCullaugh's back” were determined to have been
caused by “Taser stun-gun barbs.” Taser barbs are deployed in PAIRS. And, each PAIR
of Taser barbs can deliver MULTIPLE shocks.
- THEN! After the cell door was CLOSED while his violated, naked, hogtied, TASERed
and sedated body was shackled to “a bull ring in the cell floor” deputy Adam Crolley
heard deputy Stephen Krendick say he was ''going to let [McCullaugh] COOK,'' just
before Krendick shot an entire 16-ounce can of pepper spray “through a flap in the door.”
(The 16-ounce can is called the “Sergeant’s can.” It is intended for use against “numerous
people in riot situations.” At autopsy, McCullaugh had “severe airway burns” determined to
have been caused by the excessive amount of pepper spray “Fumes” he was forced to inhale.)
- Some time “Later,” a deputy checked on McCullaugh and “discovered he was not breathing.”
This case takes even more UNbelievably deviant twists
when five of the deputies are indicted, and
Taser International joins in their defense!
Read about all these UNbelievably deviant events in
A Collection of 5 Articles Related to the August, 2006,
In-Custody Death of Mark D. McCullaugh, Jr.
If you don’t have an Adobe Acrobat PDF file program, you can download a FREE version HERE.
New on August 26, 2008:
I was sent a link to this page on the Akron News Now website:
It contains the following AUDIO Files:
- LISTEN To The Verdict As It Was Read To The Court
- LISTEN to [Defense Attorney James] Kersey's Reaction After Winning The Case
- LISTEN to [Summit County Sheriff Drew Alexander] React To The Outcome Of The Trial
- LISTEN to Kersey's Closing On A Lack Of Proof In The Case
- LISTEN to [Prosecuting Attorney John] Kosko's Closing Arguements
- LISTEN to [Jennifer Fox, McCullaugh's mother] Explain What She Hopes Will Happen
I also made a PDF of that page’s Printer Friendly version, containing the above links:
McCullaugh Verdict Audio Files
USE YOUR BACK BUTTON
To Return To Wherever You Came From
OR Use the Following Links:
Return to the Taser Article Collection
Return to the Restraint Asphyxia LIBRARY
Go to the Restraint Asphyxia Newz Directory
Go to CHAS’ HOME PAGE
Email Charly at: email@example.com
(Those are hyphens/dashes between the “c” and “d” and “miller”)